26 January 2007

vote for the best cheese of all time!

I’ve been listening to a CD my friend Jessica sent me last year over and over again. I love the CD and all the songs on it, but we have both acknowledged that this CD contains some of THE SCHMALTZIEST songs of all time. And I have gotten to thinking: What exactly is the all time cheesiest song? I thought I would enlist the help of the internet to figure it out. The choices:

“High Enough” – Damn Yankees
“Sometimes When We Touch” – Dan Hill
“I Want to Know What Love Is” – Foreigner
“I Can’t Fight this Feeling” – REO Speedwagon

Feel free to write in a candidate…
The polling booths will close in a week.

9 comments:

cinnamon girl said...

I vote for 'sometimes when we touch'. But now I've got that foreigner song on the brain! Thanks a lot.

Unknown said...

Dude, of course it's "I wanna know what love is" by Foreigner....One of the greatest bands of all time. How can you even question it?

Jessicool said...

Woo! That CD rocks.

"Sometimes When We Touch" is the winner, HANDS DOWN. You cannot get cheeZier than that song, with a capital Z. There is no contest on this one.

Arin_C said...

I suggest Everthing I do I do it for you by Bryan Adams. Sooooo bad.

Anonymous said...

No, no, no! CANDY!!! You forgot the ultimate cheesiest song.. "I just died in your arms tonight"... can you get cheesier than that? :D Fuff

Anonymous said...

sometimes when we touch...the thought of that song is making me want to loose my breakfast...and i didn't even eat anything this morning!

Anonymous said...

"Sometimes When We Touch" is definitely a contender, but how about "I Honestly Love" by Olivia Newton-John: "If we both were born / In another place or time, / This moment might be ending in a kiss..."

Ah, the '70's.

cinnamon girl said...

Hey, just noticed the christian science monitor link. I have a friend who belongs to the church of christ, scientist. We had some excellent conversations about it, and some really annoying ones trying to convince people that it's not scientology.

The Tsar said...

uh yeah, there is quite a difference between Scientology and the Christian Science church... like the fact that Christian Science is NOT a cult...