25 October 2006

that's president andy to you...

My brother told me something very interesting right before the 2000 election. In what was to turn out to be one of his most accurate statements ever, he said, "Andy, George Bush is just running for president to gain favors. He wants to be president just so he can make his friends rich, then when he finishes, all those people will owe him." Over the last 6 years, we have seen that repeatedly come true: the Administrations Energy Policy, the war in Iraq and Haliburton, the election of Katherine Harris, the fact that most of his cabinet members are millionaires. Now we learn that the No Child Left Behind Act- an Act that is hurting our most important resource of all- is also helping to launch the business of his brother! Nathan, I promise when I become president, I will make a cabinet position for you called "Department of Watching-Out-For-Selfish-@ssh*les." Maybe you can come up with a better name.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was little, my mother used to recite a poem:

I never saw a purple cow,
And I hope to never see one.
But I can tell you anyhow,
I'd rather see than be one!

That Ignite thing is just wrong -- on soooo many levels!

Unknown said...

you have to admit that the man is still pretty entertaining, in a "my heart is weeping" sort of way.

case in point: at this very moment a special news report has interrupted the ONLY joy i get from my day--watching a morning talk show--to tell me what's going on in Iraq. (nothing new). He just said something like "per--uh.. perform the performance that we have... performed."

cinnamon girl said...

Your Presidency cannot come soon enough.