08 December 2005

creativity gets andy in trouble again

     One of my prisoner students two weeks asked me to make a lesson on dating and talking to girls. Always looking for ways to spice up my lessons I thought, “why not? This could be fun.” Today I finally got around to making the lesson and presented it to them. Now I made it a little racier than I would if I was giving this lesson to, say, my seventh grade class, because they are hardened criminals, after all (even though it is only a matter of time before some of my 7th grade students become criminals…). But I realized I went a little too far as I stood in front of 11 men and recited the lines to Hot Chocolate’s “You Sexy Thing”:
Oh kiss me you sexy thing
Touch me baby, you sexy thing
I love the way you touch me darling
You sexy thing  
     Next time I will stick to the book…

4 comments:

cinnamon girl said...

That's so funny! I have a great time teaching foreigners the many uses of the f word. Slang can be much more fun to learn, and very useful.
Thanks for linking to me.

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering what you were thinking as you put together that lesson...

Did they like it?

Melody

Anonymous said...

You should teach the Pointer Sisters' song "I'm So Excited."

I want to hug you love you
Wrap my arms around you
I want please you (something) you
(something something)
And if you move real slow
I'll let it goooooooo....
I'm so excited
and I just can't
I'm about to lose control
and I think I like it!

Oh, those Pointer Sisters.

Juanita said...

That is priceless! Great story.