19 December 2005

help make us # 1!

New goal for the week: I want this site to show up on the first page when you Google “Andrew Hamilton.” I know it’s not much, and I will of course pursue my continuous goal to be the best Peace Corps volunteer EVER and teach my students to love and understand English but everyone needs a hobby right? Anyway, I know this can be done. Did you know that there is even a job for this? I think it’s called a Search Engine Accelerator or something lame like that. So next question: does anyone know how to go about doing this?

2 comments:

cinnamon girl said...

I dunno. The title of one of my posts came up first on a search engine, maybe you could try that.

Jessicool said...

Did you know that was my summer job once? To find out how to make a company's website come up first in search engines?

Too bad that was oh so long ago and way before this thing called "Google."

By no means do I want to rain on your parade, but I did notice when I Googled "Andrew Hamilton" that there are um, a lot of Andrew Hamiltons out there who show up as search results. Perhaps you should revise your goal to be #1 in a search of oh, "Andrew Hamilton Bulgaria." Because if you do that one, you're already #5! And you're #3 for a Google search of "Andy Hamilton Bulgaria."