18 December 2005

the US plot to derail my senior thesis, uncovered

A student at the other Dartmouth (UMASS-Dartmouth) was recently visited from agents from the Department of Homeland Security for requesting a book by Mao-Tse Tung through the college’s interlibrary loan system. Apparently this book was on some watch-list and he was investigated because he had spent “significant time abroad.” Is two years abroad “significant time”? And the agents brought the book to the interview and left without giving it to him. You know, now that I think about it, there were books I needed from the interlibrary loan system in college for my thesis and I could never get them. I thought it was because some lazy idiot at Princeton had just forgotten to return it, but maybe some federal agent in his office somewhere was leafing through Conrad Anderson’s original version of life in Ireland, holding on to just to piss me off. Oh man, I hope it gave him paper cuts…
  http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/12-05/12-17-05/a09lo650.htm

No comments: