29 January 2006

where are you captain planet?

     Here are two summarized articles by The New York Times and The Washington Post about global warming. It’s scary stuff, and unfortunately not enough people are paying attention. I remember watching Captain Planet when I was little and being thankful that there weren’t bad guys in real life like there was on the show. People who were driven only by greed, willing to sacrifice anything to line their own pockets. I have come to realize that there are people like this in real life, only in real life we don’t have a Captain Planet. The New York Times article talks about how the administration is trying to silence NASA scientists from speaking out about what they have found. What was the name of that villain on Captain Planet that was a freaky half pig/ half man thing? I think I found his real life counterpart…

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001920362

No comments: